Planning and implementing ownership and governance succession can be quite challenging, in particular for small and mid-sized companies as well as family-owned businesses. Successions may be triggered by a number of reasons, such as personal lifestyle decisions, illness or death. From a legal point of view, succession is a field that requires know-how and experience in a number of areas, in particular in the field of company law, foundation law, M&A, inheritance law and tax law.
- Preparing (tax-optimized) succession concepts
- Preparing and aligning articles of association and testamentary dispositions (wills and contracts of inheritance) with regard to the passing of property or title on death and by way of inter vivos inheritance agreements
- Company sales, including management buyouts
- Preparing and implementing foundation models
- Advice on the establishment of external management
- Execution of wills